Savannah River Dragway Rules
1. Five miles per hour on SRD property.
2. No one allowed to ride on car.
3. All drivers must wear helmets and seat
4. No cars will be allowed to run if officials
detect hazardous leakage on track.
5. All cars that break on the track must pull
to the side of the track.
6. Only 2 crew members allowed on starting
line with car.
7. All car numbers must be on the right side
and rear of car in plain view of tower.
8. Drivers must report to staging when called.
9. Catch-can mandatory for coolant overflow.
No anti-freeze please.
10. When drivers want same lane, official will
flip a coin for lane choice.
11. Fighting will not be tolerated; you will
be asked to leave, possibly locked up and
banned from track.
12. All vehicles must have a operating neutral
13. All vehicles must have one operating
14. All vehicles must have a securely mounted
15. Touching the center-line or contacting the
concrete barriers will result in
disqualification. In the event this happens to
both competitors, the first or worse rule
16. Only one burnout across the starting line.
17. Red light disqualifies competitor.
18. Four wheel hydraulic brakes mandatory on
any bodied car.
19. Mandatory parachute on any car with
top-speed faster than 150 mph.
20. Roll-bar mandatory in all cars running
7.00 to 7.35.
21. Roll cage mandatory in all cars running
6.99 or quicker or any car exceeding 135 mph.
22. Seats must be properly braced and bolted
23. Window net mandatory in any full bodied
car required by rules to have a roll cage.
24. Batteries must be securely mounted.
25. Master cutoff mandatory on any car with a
battery, running 6.39 or quicker, any car 135
mph or if battery is relocated to the trunk
26. Driver restraint - seat belt mandatory in
all cars. Three-inch driver restraint system
mandatory in any car running 7.35 or quicker.
27. Neck collar mandatory in all cars running
6.39 or quicker or cars exceeding 135 mph.
28. Protective clothing - shorts, bare legs,
tank tops, or bare torsos prohibited. All
drivers are required to wear full length
pants. Cars running methanol, nitro methane,
nitros oxide should be wearing fire protective
clothing, including cars running supercharger
and turbocharged engines meeting sfi spec
3.2a/15 gloves meeting sfi spec 3.3/5 boots or
shoes meeting sfi spec 3.3/5
29. No burn outs in pits, go to end of track
before race starts.
30. Please use courtesy when staging, if your
opponent does a long burnout don't stage until
they are finished then stage together.
31. A reasonable amount of time will be
permitted for drivers to stage. The time limit
will be determined at the sole and absolute
discretion of the official starter. Failure to
stage upon the starter's instructions is
possible grounds for disqualification.
32. To be a legitimate race winner, a
contestant's car must be self-start and
self-stage. This rule also applies to single
runs. Push-starting or push-staging any
vehicle is prohibited. Staging must be done
under the vehicle's own engine power.
All NHRA and IHRA rules apply.
Addition to our tire rule: For the 28"/ 29"
tire class - Tires allowed are as followed 28"
28"w 29 - 10.5 (No 29"w).
- If any car touches the center line they are
- All race cars visiting our track should be
inspected by track official we can not police
this issue enough so if you have not been
inspected please allow us to check your race
car off and add you to our IHRA profile list.
- No oil leaks please - No radiator fluid in
vehicle - No dirt.
- If you cross lanes do not continue to race
- Drivers are responsible for lane choice with
a coin toss if this can not be accomplished a
track official will appoint lanes at his
- If your class has "buy runs" the buy run
will carry on until its used- the buy run
should not be given to any driver twice
- If any race is to be appealed or any
questions about a re-run need to be addressed
in the tower as soon as the race is over, the
disputing driver has 10 mins after race to
appeal the run, if its a re-run it will be
done with in 15 mins of the decisions to
re-run. the class will not run again until the
re-run is done or a driver is disqualified.
With these additions we are going to again ask
for all drivers to please think " safety"
- Up date seat belts - attach your seat
properly - up date helmet - wear fire safety
pants/jacket/gloves/shoes - neck brace advised
- tighten your seat belt every time - bolt
down nitrous bottles - fire extinguisher -
properly maintain fuel systems including
In racing we will all witness tragedy and
defeat, but its how we deal with these
adversities. Its how we prepare before the
struggle hits. Its about being knowledgeable
in safety and remembering that its not just
about you. To all who race let us be a
reminder to be safe and remember your opponent
and remember the fans who are usually only
feet away from the action. Let our track be
that reminder to be safe., Be the one who
climbs out of a destroyed race cars and waves
to the fans because you did take the extra
steps when building your roll cage and because
you did tighten the belts as tight as possible
before you run.
Here at "SAVANNAH RIVER DRAGWAY" we strive to
have a safe track and trained safety personal
on hand at all times. So let this be a
friendly reminder to be safe and have fun.